Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[47 / 3 / ?]

No.20702305 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>3D Classics: Pokemon Red/Blue

Why won't this happen? The only excuses I've seen so far have been paper thin.

>"We're always very careful—we believe that Pokemon is best on a handheld," Game Freak explained during a Q&A at E3 today. "If we were to put it on virtual console, on the home console, what would you do with the Pokemon you caught? It would be kind of stuck, was one of the concerns we've had..

They say one of the biggest problems they have is what people would do with the pokemon they caught. From most people I heard, they wouldn't care what they would do with the pokemon they caught because some people play games just to play games. Not to mention they wouldn't be able to do much with the pokemon because unless they adjusted the stats and incorporated more modern mechanics, the pokemon wouldn't want to be moved over to new games anyhow.

But what if they kept things the way they were? What if they incorporated multiplayer through the 3DS wireless or even internet battles? It could even open up a new format for pokemon battling in a more "vintage" style.

Even without any of that, people would still buy the game just to play the originals on their 3DS without having to use an emulator and 3rd party software.

I personally don't get why Game Freak doesn't want to make money off this.