Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[78 / 7 / ?]

How will gamefreak remake gen 5?

No.20912288 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
In previous remakes, gamefreak has decided to go with the two-game format more money I suppose. In Heart Gold and Soul Silver they incorporated the best bits of crystal right into the games, so we didn't miss out on any good stuff. I'd assume they'll do that with Emerald in ORAS too though as the plots are so different, how they'll do it remains to be seen.

We've also come to see that gamefreak has abandoned the taboo against new moves and abilities mid-generation, as Primal Kyogre and Groudon now have both of these. Before this, the most 'new' content you could expect from a remake game was a few forms.

How gamefreak handle the Emerald sections in ORAS will tell us all we need to know about any Gen 4 remakes. What I am interested in however is how they could handle remaking gen 5 assuming they wanted to. Gen 5 have 4 games between them, with superficial differences between Black and White and between Black 2 and White 2. Do you really think Gamefreak would remake each of these, would customers let them get away with it? We'd end up with a generation of 7 mainline pokemon games that way, and only 1 original storyline or 1 1/2 if you count changes in the directors cut between them. That would be ridiculous.

Would Gamefreak instead incorporate Black and Black 2 into the same cartridge, and the same with White/White2? Would they shake it up by creating Grey and Grey 2, and selling them separately, introducing new features such as the original dragon? Or do you think they just wouldn't remake gen V at all?