Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[31 / 6 / ?]

Diance and the Coccon of Destruction Movie

No.21618273 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So, /vp I am an Ausfag that went to the premiere of the Diancie movie, but I went out of the cinema quite dissapointed of it. Its a Pokemon movie, so I didn't have my hopes too high, but it was the second time in my life that I went to see Pokemon on the big screen (First time was when the first movie premiered).

There is somwhere a synospis about the movie and the dub is pretty much the same, but to highlight some things:

> No Sylveon short at the beginning.
> They use the 'remixed' first theme. (Not glorious Mega V Volt)
> They abuse too much of 3D in backgrounds and in some scenes. Luckily, Pokemon battles are in 2D, but sometimes 3D became annoying.
> Delphox, Greninja and Chestnaught appears in the rival teams.
> Team Rocket 'dies' when Yveetal is awaken, but they are revived by Xerneas at the end.
> Pikachu got hit by the Yveetal ray and it slowly convert into stone... only to be revived a few seconds later by Xerneas.
> It is implied at the end that the diamonds Diancie created are Mega stones.
> At the end (But before the credits), they put a fucking advertisement "DVD is comming December 3". Really?
> Funny thing, in one part they said that some expensive chocolates are brought from Hoenn.

Anyway, I was dissapointed because Diancie felt like the pretty typical princess that talks too formal and does not know anything. I mean... maybe is nostalgia googles, but I did not remember the first Pokemon movie to be that... simple. The plot was the typical "The kingdom X is dying, so the heros do a travel to found element Y and save the kingdom" and thats it. The 'destruction' caused by Yveetal is preety simple too, it just throws death rays everywhere and it lacks of emotional impact. Maybe I am I expecting too much?

Ohh and by the way, I managed to see Pomf and his girlfriend as they went to the same cinema to see the premiere.

So, thoughts on this movie so far? Would I expect the same for the Hoenn one?