Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[12 / 1 / ?]

No.21869067 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm sure that someone's already brought it up, but, is anyone else as curious as I am in where exactly game freak is going with this whole mega evolution saga thing? Beginning with X and Y and ironically continuing with ORAS, mega evolution and the backstory surrounding it seems to be game freak's first attempt at making Pokemon have some kind of multiple-game spanning story outside of occasional nods and mentions of events from previous games.

What's making me think about this is all of the references to Kalos in ORAS, episode delta in particular, where everything that happens is DIRECTLY related to all of the backstory we got from X and Y. So now, I'm wondering how exactly this will be continued in the next games, and what exactly GF is planning.

I hated X and Y's story at first, personally, but something about how ORAS handled the topic of mega evolution- whether it be that the writing is just straight up better than it was in X and Y or what, I'm excited to see how they're going to continue from here.

But knowing game freak they'll probably just forget about this whole plot thing in the next games. Oh well.

(...also, mildly unrelated, but what the fuck is up with Looker showing up on the shore of the Battle Resort at the end with amnesia? Can someone explain that to me? Or is that just a mystery for now?)