Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[5 / 1 / ?]

I'm done with Pokemon - I'm so done.

No.22092690 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The franchise should just start over with the Pokedex at 0.

>deliberately dumbing down the game
Gym leaders aren't challenging. Players aren't challenging. The battle frontier was removed. They even admitted that they were designing the games with no regard for players who want a challenge.
>new type completely breaking the game
Fairy is broken, and it's completely useless. Dragon and Psychic are even more OP than before, now that the majority of megas are Dragon and Psychic.
>no regard for a coherent timeline
FRLG = RSE -> HGSS = DP -> BW -> BW2 was a perfectly reasonable timeline. There was no problem with it, even though it was developed in over a decade of games across different generations of consoles. With ORAS, they decided to drop the good plot of RSE and build the whole megaevolution theme on top, instead of a proper remake.
>quantity over quality when designing new pokemon
This is more of a problem stemming from previous generations. You can't even have favorite ones because your favorite pokemon sucks. There are so many pokemon just taking space in the pokedex, and they are never used. Trainers always use a generic pokemon for battling anyways, and there is no reason to even care about lol finneon.
>megas make already strong pokemon into even stronger pokemon
This is the "feature" that completely broke the game for me. There is literally no reason to use a non-mega pokemon in any type of competitive game. Fuck, some pokemon have TWO megas. Mewtwo and Charizard? Oh that's right, because they are old favorites and now they can jew twice the little figures and toys. And of course, Lucario and Garchomp HAD to get a mega, we can't have Cynthia looking bad now can we?
>game is unbalanced
It's about using a mega. It's about spending tedious time trying to get an egg with perfect nature. It's not actually about training a team of different pokemon to a high level, and teaching them a balanced moveset.