Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[17 / 5 / ?]

ITT: Opinions

No.22567188 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay /vp/,

There's been a lot of shitposting about "hurr durr boycott smogon" and "smogon takes the fun out of Pokémon" (>implying anything's changed, I know.)

I think Pokemon Showdown is loads of fun. I mean, who the hell wants to spend hours of chain breeding moves, getting right ivs/natures/abilities, ev training etc. (inb4 "you mean like 5 minutes git gud) just to battle and then do it all again if you want to make slight changes to your team? Showdown gets rid of all that and gives us the bottom line of what we really want; being able to jump straight in and battle. If you call all that other shit "fun" then yeah, I guess you could say they take the fun out. In my opinion It takes out the monotony.

That being said, when a new mon/ability/move/mega comes out that shoots a mon to the top of popularity (on showdown as well as cart) it gets a nickname like "smogonbird" or "smogonfrog" or some shit like that, with its use on PS being bitched about incessantly, and then everybody bitches even harder when the powers at Smogon nerf/ban it for the reasons people were bitching about in the first place?

tl;dr, people on /vp/ complain a lot.