Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[31 / 3 / ?]

No.22769573 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello /vp/ of 2015

I come from the year 2019 and am here to tell you that hardly anybody uses Smogon anymore. Do you want to know why? Here are some rules and bans they introduced over the years. I won't speak of any new Pokémon however.

>Mega Stone clause - only one Pokémon in your party can hold a Mega Stone or Orb

>Flinch Clause - only one flinch per trainer per battle.

>Gold IV Clause - no Pokémon with even one Golden IV. (don't make me explain this.)

>Lati Clause - only one Pokémon with "Lati" in its name. (only applies to double, triple, rotation and squad battles.)

><FUTURE REGION> Octagon Clause - only Pokémon legally obtainable in <FUTURE GEN GAME> can participate. (is standard in most main formats.)

>Myth Clause - maximum of two Mythical Pokémon, one Legendary Pokémon per team.

>Normal Clause - No Normal type moves.

>'rate Clause - No -rate Abilities.

>Arcanine Clause - No Arcanine (only in Triple battles)

>Amiibo Clause - No Amiibo only Pokémon (is standard in most main formats)

>Completely banned: Mew, Trainer BURST mechanic

>Banned to Uber or unbanned: Greninja ,Hoopa-Unbound, Landorus-T, Phione (don't ask), Togekiss, Zygarde, Ledianite, Torterranite, Medichamite, Mewtwonite Z, Charizardite Z, Ribose Orb, Sitrus Berry, Macho Brace

>Back to OU from Uber or banned: Manaphy (constantly switched at one point, was chaotic to the point where now 0.3% of users use Manaphy), Kyurem-White, Aegislash, Mawilite, Lucarionite, Helix Crystal, Dragon's Ascent

>Pokemon Showdown was shut down in 2017, Zarel was arrested for major copyright infringement and his coding was seized by a user named Scotteh for a private function.

bye