Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[10 / 2 / ?]

ORAS Delta Episode Questions

No.22774561 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /vp/. I just started playing through the Delta Episode (been spoiled to hell of most of the important bits prior to it) and I have a few questions namely on the theory that XY / ORAS are supposedly set in another universe.

What are your thoughts on it?

I know Zinnia made the reference of a Hoenn / universe where Mega Evolution is never discovered and this explains some of the various differences between RSE and ORAS (some of the obvious ones being Team Aqua / Magma and the mega evolution elements among others) and while evidence suggests this theory is plausible, it contains lots of holes too for both sides.

Deoxys PokeDex entry in RSE alludes to the beam fired from AZ's weapon yet Infinite Energy is never brought up until gen 6. A Gamefreak writer/programmer also stated that X/Y has some actual place in the main series continuity on Twitter.

Gen 6 being in an alternate continuity separate from the first five gens is possible with the evidence brought up but holes exist in the theory. One could argue that each succeeding gen is set in a separate universe from the other. Gen 1 had little foreshadowing of the existence of Pokemon beyond the original 151 save Ho Oh although each new gen does make connections/allusions to the previous.

Or maybe we're just thinking too hard about this. I have no idea.