Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[32 / 4 / ?]

Reasoning the disappointment of ORAS:

No.22860016 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
ORAS was such a huge disappointment considering that I was expecting a sequel to Emerald. But that's something I can shake off because who the fuck else wants that. The real sin was how ORAS was almost a 1:1 remake, as transitioning from a pixel art GBA game into a full 3D game is jarring. The buildings and their relative distances to each other are now less dense with less stuff in between them when compared to RSE, which relied on our imaginations because of how limited the GBA was. Take those limitations and blow them up and you get the huge gaping hole that is ORAS. The few times I felt like ORAS was doing something right was when I saw new Mauville; it was so cool to see all that new stuff. Everything else was the same but on a higher resolution map, making it somewhat hollow.

TL;DR: The point is that ORAS suffers from a terrible sense of decompression of its original content and assets. It was also too fucking easy, which GF needs to address in their future games. This is something I've been thinking about since ORAS came out and I just needed to post it. But I love the new Haruka.