Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[38 / 5 / ?]

No.23076339 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This thing apparently has very many roles it plays in the competitive scene (Not just Smogon.)

>It carries one of each elemental beam, and has rather decent Special Attack to utilize them. Oftentimes, these are used for baiting other pokemon.

>It CAN be used as a sweeper, somehow. It's only due to Dragon Dance, as its speed is lackluster.It has a godawful typing, as it gets revenge killed by any decent fighting or fairy type (Hint: Mach Punch and Aqua Jet say hi).

>It has the ubiquitous Stealth Rock. Not many people use this on the dinosaur.

>Despite godawful typing, it can be a tank or a pivot with Assault Vest or god forbid, its Mega Form. Since Rock types get 1.5x more SpDef in sand, its only useful ability helps it even more.

>Speaking of which, apparently the Mega is better for Sweeping purposes. I have yet to see a MegaTar on the battlefied. I play both cart and Showdown. It's been 6 months since my last encounter with one.

I'm not saying it has all the utility in the world, but it does look cool to use. What do you utilize for it? Offensive, defensive, pivoter, or novelty?

Of course, you know this is ALSO, a Tyranitar Thread