Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[120 / 13 / ?]

No.23095087 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I see we all agree that the main games are getting way too easy and linear, making the story mode boring. But I want to adress another problem, I think Pokémon needs more interactive overworlds.

These GameBoy tier routes (pic related) havent aged well nor transitioned well to 3D. They look repetitive and boring. ORAS being a remake looks especially bland with those linear routes and square puddles.

We need more graphical detail. (inb4 graphic whore) The 3DS can handle things like RE:Revelations, it can handle dynamic environments like in Monster Hunter4U. Pokémon looks ridiculous in comparison, and it doesnt even use 3D overworlds. It even loses fps in battles for god's sake. How lazy can GF be? Even take a look at that shitty new game Youkai's Watch, it has richer overworlds.

But graphcis is not the main problem, I know we are used to Pokémon always having shit graphics. We need more content. We should be able to explore every corner from a region at least as big as Sinnoh, bring back Hidden Grottos from BW2, season changes in areas from all gen V, day/night differences from G/S, maintain the DexNav shadows from ORAS, seeing flying pokémon around, the ability to Surf, Dive, Rock Climb, Defog, etc all in one game without needing HMs.

And add new things, like egg nests, mounting pokémon, mix following pokémon with Amie to enhance that pet mechanic, seeing them react to the weather, etc

tl;dr Pokémon needs better overworld looks and mechanics but we never talk about it, let's talk about it