Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[21 / 4 / ?]

Genwunners = Jewtendo Urban Myth?

No.23175649 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Honestly /vp/, I'm skeptical about the existence of the so-called 'genwunner'. Do they really exist? From my perspective:

> A lot of people who loved Gen I also loved Gen II - didn't start to get alienated from the franchise until late-Johto anime and the start of Hoenn
> These kinds of people, typically college kids now, normally have no bad feelings against 'modern-day' pokemon, life just got in the way so they didn't keep up with the franchise
> A big portion of Kanto fans don't even hate other regions, they just like the music, the characters, the plot and familiarity; I mean, of COURSE hoenn is objectively better and more diverse (in Gen III at least)
> Some Kanto fans don't even hail from Gen I - some of the people looking for RBY re-remakes are probably kids who experienced kanto for the first time in Gen III (or even IV, since it's in HGSS) and harbor no ill will towards any of the other generations
> There's 10x more posts on /vp/ and reddit complaining about 'genwunners' than there are actual 'genwunner'-esque posts

ITT Prove to me that genwunners aren't a myth perpetrated by Unovabortions and Jewnichi Masuda