Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[16 / 3 / ?]

No.23242801 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So /vp/, what do you all think of this thing?

I don't care about if you like its design- no, I'm talking about the principal of it existing.

GameFreak made sure that, in X and Y, only old, usually pretty popular, Pokemon, from Gens 1 to 4, would get megas. There were some that weren't necessarily the most popular among fans (Abomasnow, Aggron) but they weren't things that people actively hated by any means. Of course everything has its haters but the general consensus was that these Pokemon were popular or neutral.

They only used things that had been around for a while and that were liked by many.

In ORAS, they branched out a bit. Beedrill, Glalie and Steelix are some that may have been a bit unexpected as opposed to the generally predictable choices in X and Y (Lucario, Garchomp, Starters, Gardevoir).

However, these were again things that had been around for a while and the community liked. Maybe, some of them were hated by small portions of the community, or even large portions (possibly Audino).

Now, I'm not saying things don't deserve megas. I think everything should get a mega one day, if only because one person absolutely loves it. But Diancie pushes the fucking line.

It hadn't even properly been released and it was given a Mega Evolution. How is that fair, and how does that follow any of the trends already set? Why does Diancie, a pokemon that noone was meant to know about (everyone did, but whatever), get a Mega when others that totally deserved it didn't?

I think that is complete shit, and that someone in GameFreak loved Diancie so they decided to give it special treatment.