Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[68 / 3 / ?]

We won't judge

No.23433299 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Who here started Pokemon past gen 2? What's your stance on the fad days and earlier games? Did you starting 'late' effect your concept of Pokemon?

>I admit, my first game was Diamond. No I am not underage, I am nineteen. I watched the anime as a tot and a young child but I didn't have a Game Boy. I had a Game Boy Advance but didn't buy any games for it, preferring console games. It wasn't until I got a DS that I got into Pokemon. I had a lot of Pokemon toys circa 1999 to 2002 and I have some fond memories of the OS but middle school was when I really got into it. I've brought at least one of every game - Platinum, HG, White, White 2, X, and OmegaRuby - since and a few side games.
>Despite starting in the mid 2000s I have played every gen. I brought Blue, FireRed, Emerald, and Silver later. I was really obsessed with Pokemon from age 10 to 16 so I know pretty much everything about the anime, several of the manga, the game canon, the fanon, etc.
>I don't remember the fad. Someone who was basically in diapers at the time does not remember things like a ten year old or twelve year old would. I know my big sister collected cards bur she didn't have a Game Boy so she wasn't into the game. I don't regret missing out on the fad.