Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[74 / 22 / ?]

No.23493256 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
sup /vp/ I'm an old school player.
I sort of grew out of pokemon after gen III games. Recently I came across some pokemon webm on /b/ and suddenly realized pokemon is still around after like 12 years.

Having missed everything from gen IV onward, I was curious to see what they managed to pull out since then, I mean, the first 151 pk were a lot already. Then 251, then 351. Okay. Still cool. But 600+ little monsters are a lot even for the most talented character designer. And indeed new pokemons look extremely lame to me.

I grew up with cool-ass monsters with the likes of Gyarados, Charizard and Tyranitar. And now you give me Combee and that sarcophagus thing?
Combee? A honeycomb pokemon? Are you fucking kidding me?
Mega evolutions? Wasn't Charizard badass enough? Are they catering to fucking kids tastes with this shit? I feel as the whole thing had been dumbed down A LOT, like it happened with all the coolest games of my childhood. Magic the Gathering, just to name one. But I digress.

I do realize you cannot do without some more faggy pokemons. I trained a Gardevoir myself, which perhaps is the single most rule 34-friendly little fucker out there, the joy of all the trap lovers and cock suckers that infest places like /b/. Yes, I get it. Also gen II had its own bullshit pokemons, like Delibird, but come on. Chandelure? Criogonal? Klink? A fucking GEAR pokemon? And what the hell is that Magneton evolution, nigga? It's lame as fuck.

My Johto dream team fucking rocked:
>Houndoom
>Politoed (with earthquake)
>Octillery (with some ice move)
>Tyranitar
>Sneasel, changeable with Porygon2 (hell yeah)
>Espeon

My Hoenn dream team:
>Metagross
>Gardevoir (with some electric TM)
>Magneton
>Cacturne, sometimes out for Heracross
>Sharpedo
>Salamence

fuck starters. fuck legendaries. fuck fairy type. fuck Vanilluxe, Escavalier, Diggersby and all joke pokemons alike.

/rant