Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[37 / 11 / ?]

No.23527614 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I hate Lucario.
To me, it's a very lazy design in terms of typing. It's Fighting/Steel, and normally I'd be thrilled about a Pokemon receiving a never before used type combination. But Lucario is just an anubis who's arbitrarily typed with Steel. Other Fighting types derive their secondary typing from the species they're based off of. Hawlucha is a Flying type because it's a bird. Heracross is a Bug type because it's a beetle. Lucario, rather than being something tangentially related to Steel like a magnet or a bell, is just a forcedly Steel typed Pokémon. The connection is forced and inorganic.

Moreover, Lucario is the only Pokémon to truly have been 'pushed' by Game Freak. It starred in a MOVIE, and is revered as a legendary team leader in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team. In the same game, the highest rank your team can get is the Lucario Rank, and you can obtain a Lucario statue to display outside your rescue base. All of this was before Diamond and Pearl, Lucario's 'true' debut games were released.

A lot of people on /vp/ feel that Charizard is pushed and gets too much attention from Game Freak. Let's make a comparison with Lucario, because it's not the same. As I pointed out before Lucario has been pushed since the moment of its inception. Game Freak wanted and forced it to be popular, which nobody asked for. [1/2]