Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[62 / 5 / ?]

EXP Share is busted

No.24572489 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I was watching some Nuzlockes of sixth gen on YouTube, and I was pretty disgusted to find that they were using the EXP Share during the run, resulting in crazy over-levelled stuff like having a fully-evolved starter before Flannery. So, I decided to do a test to see just how easy EXP Share made the game.

I decided to do a Nuzlocke run of Omega Ruby with EXP Share left on. The catch was that I could only use basic-stage Pokémon. I couldn't evolve them. Ever. If the Pokémon was single-stage, I couldn't use it if its BST was over 425 (so, something like Spinda was OK, but Skarmory is too much. It never actually came up, anyway).

Well, here's the champion team. They finished around level 65. I did very, very little grinding. In fact, I skipped 90% of the water trainers the game gave me. My team just ended up naturally that high. RIP Machop and Electrike, though, who both died to Glacia.

And, overall, I'd have to say that this run was the most fun I've had with Pokémon in ages.

So, the EXP Share did give me this great run, but I do still wish there was an option to revert to the old one. I have to recommend doing this to anyone who wants a new sort of challenge. Might as well make use of this mechanic while it's here. Taking a Whismur all the way was insane.