Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[16 / 3 / ?]

No.24606944 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Okay, /vp/, theory time.

I'm not one of those faggots that says that the next Main Game will be a Kanto Remake, or Gen 7. I believe it will be Z/X2Y2/XZYZ/XY&Z/whatever. I don't believe it to be logical for them to hype up Zygarde so much lately if it weren't getting it's own game(s).

That being said, though, next year is the 20th Anniversary of Red and Green, or really the entire franchise as a whole. With how crappy 2015 has been with almost nothing new at all aside from Shuffle, Rumble World, and PSMD, 2016 needs to be a big year for Pokemon Fans. Pokemon Go will bring more Older Generation fans to the franchise, which can be good/bad depending how you look at it.

That all being said, though, I've come up with a theory. So what if Masuda shows up on Pokenchi next week and announces Z for a Spring 2016 release. Seems fine, right? But remember that hidden data Project Pokemon found about the pentagon data? It suggests two more games can be made for Generation VI. We assumed, because of Thousand Arrows/Waves, that we would get a pair of XY Sequels. But now, we only have one mascot in the form of Complete Zygarde. Forgetting the moves, that still leaves an extra game.

So what if that game comes out next Fall in the form of a Red/Green Sequel? Taking place 20 years after the originals, we could revisit Kanto with new and old characters, some new areas, and a new story. The recently announced "Shadow Mewtwo" for Pokken Tournament could be the mascot, and could be a corrupted Mewtwo created by the new Team Rocket. It makes sense, honestly.

What do you think, /vp/?