Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[20 / 8 / ?]

PokeFeels Thread

No.24778296 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Share close personal memories related to Pokemon. A lot of us grew up with Pokemon, so it'd make sense that it may have defined a large chunk of someone's youth.

The other day I started a new save file in r/s. The intro music started and I was reminded of what was probably the best few years of my childhood.

>Be in 4th/5th grade.
>Ruby Sapphire just came out.
>I'm stoked.
>Pokemon considered kiddy where I went to school, everyone was playing Halo or sports games.
>Anyone who still liked Pokemon in those grades were bullied pretty bad.
>I was afraid to be made fun of so I play in secrecy.
>At this time I also had a huge crush on a girl from school.
>Walk by her desk one day, see her drawing an Umbreon.
>Build up the courage to talk to her, we nerd out about pokemon, become instant best friends.

We spent the entirety of the year drawing our Ruby/Sapphire teams and building little gyms out of cardboard and making our own Pokemon board games etc. We would meet at a secret spot during school break and try to find each others secret bases. It was great.

At first we got made fun of by the assholes that used to be my friends, but at that point I didnt give a shit because I had a girlfriend and none of them did. From them on I was way more confident on wearing my interests on my sleeve, regardless of what other people might think.

Those were the best god damn years of my childhood. Its the reason why R/S is my personal favorite of all the gens.