Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[7 / 2 / ?]

Most infamous ROM hack explained by a native Vietnamese

No.24949502 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I guess all 'ya guys know about the motherfuckin' translation trainwreck that is Vietnamese Crystal. Most of 'ya believe it's called "Vietnamese Crystal" is cuz it's a ROM hack of Crystal translated into from Japanese to Vietnamese to English. Truth be told, there was no Vietnamese involved. It was not just likely but certainly and definitely 100% translated from Japanese to Chinese and then directly to English. The Vietnamese language is much much fuckin' different from Chinese (look it up on google or wiki it). That bootleg copy was 100% made in China then somehow made its way south past the border into Vietnam, where someone bought it on a vacation and uploaded it online. The romanization of many words that can be found in the Vietnamese Crystal script is obviously from FUCKIN' CHINESE, cuz we Viets never have words like "WEI!" (which in Chinese is what u would say when u pick up the phone).
Quite a few of us Vietnamese have grown up with Pokemon, but we have only ever played the official and well-translated English version. Fuck, we even refer to the mons by their English names!
Also, I picked up on some simple Chinese words cuz I used to attend a school which accepted international students, 98% of which were, u guessed it, Chinese. That's why I can tell the difference.
So there u have it, Vietnamese Crystal should be more correctly called Chinese Crystal. Shit like DERP! DRUG BAG FUCK or VOLCANO BAKEMEAT is only possible if translated from a character based script like Chinese, rather than something like Vietnamese (which uses a Latin alphabet based on French, cuz we got jumped on by 'em). I tried looking on google but nobody seemed to talk about what this bullshit translation actually is, so Imma just give some true insight on it. That's it, now Imma just go fuck off for u guys to discuss.