Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[130 / 40 / ?]

No.25052490 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
How would you fags feel about something like this? Pokemon evolution becomes more akin to Digimon.

Lore-wise for example, a Cyndaquil might evolve into a Furret depending on its life experiences or its environment, like if food was plentiful and it lived in a calm forest, but if food was scarce or opponents or environment harsher, it would evolve into Quilava or Luxio or Monferno who could then evolve into even stronger forms.

In-game, Pokemon could evolve based on what kind of Pokemon they fight, they get points akin to EVs and whichever they have the most points towards, they'll evolve into that.

Another option could be upon level-up you get points and you can add them to a particular "trait" like vocations in other RPGs. For example, a Pokemon would have however many traits, lets say 5 traits, Strength, Agility, Intelligence, etc. and based on how many points you put into what category would generate one of many possible evolution lines.

Pic related is just me spitballing just to give an example of what it might be like. I thought that having unconventional evolutions would make it more interesting, like Gabite evolving into Metagross, the way Digimon do (Biyomon Digivolving into Birdramon, but also being able to Digivolve into Woodmon, etc.).

I'm dreading Gen VII and think if the franchise was gutted and picked up by another company something like this could be really good and have the makings of making an actually good Pokemon game.

Thoughts?