Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[37 / 7 / ?]

No.25122911 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Can we discuss GF's pandering for a bit?

I understand how gym leaders in RBY were meant to be slightly higher levelled gym leaders, cus back then they were truly just stepping stones to the actual challenge of the game, the E4, which probably outlevelled you by quite a bit.

But of course today we have bosses, trainers, and other 'challenges' which are beyond fucking pathetic.

Why? I know Masuda claimed they really are trying to get the mobile games audience, but children need challenge and conflict in order to grow. Handing out shit on a silver platter is really fucking toxic. From general observations, children are actually MORE bored and ready to go to Angry Birds or Clash of Clans BECAUSE games like X/Y or OR/AS were too easy and pandering.

Hell, you even see the effects of instant gratification and easiness on /vp/ - people who want the next game now instead of waiting a bit or finding new interests to satisfy themselves. Manchildren who were fixated at a certain earlier point in their maturity and never progressed.

I dunno. But I really feel like GF is just digging their own grave here. I know it's all about the shekels, but I can't help but feel sad.