Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[73 / 7 / ?]

GAME FREAK KILLED /vp/

No.25262719 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Sup /tr/ainers.

I've come to discuss Game Freak, the future of this board, and the future of Pokémon.

When Gen 6 launched, this board was in a very strange place. It was thriving, probably in the best place this board had ever been in. But for all Gen 6 brought to the table, we also saw some worrying red flags. The watered down difficulty and dialogue, the excessive Gen 1 pandering, and missing features. (a problem notable with each Generation)

The Bank debacle was embarrassing, what with it being a paid subscription to use, and it not even working at first. For the first time, a hack-free GTS was raped the moment Bank opened. The handling of VGC was laughable (moreso when OR/AS launched), they still underutilized Events when they could be used in a plethora of positive ways, such as adding variety to the metagame by giving Pokémon new moves (which they have done like twice since Gen 6 launched), and generating interest in the game post launch.

I could fill an entire thread of everything wrong with OR/AS so I wont even fucking bother, but the laziness with that game was shocking.

Then of course, /v/ showing up along with the OR/AS announcements. Makes sense honestly, Gen 3's primary audience who grew up with R/S/E, would probably be /v/'s primary age range, so of course with the announcements, came the worst of the fanbase. And this board didn't survive. This board is just in limbo now, all the threads die young, and empty, the last remnant of what this board used to be died when the MSPaint threads ended.