Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 2 / ?]

Remakes are dead

No.26603604 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Let's look at the facts
>1. They clearly didn't want to remake Ruby and Sapphire very much, hence why all the actual remade content sucked or was cut down in the name of "convenience", and the only good parts of the games were all of the brand-new content (Zinnia aside)
>2. eShop and Bank compatibility. If they can remake Gen 1 of all things and make it PokeBank compatible, then why bother remaking, say, Diamond and Pearl? They can just stick Gen 4 on the eShop with PokeBank features
>3. Now that we've gone "full 3D" instead of tile-based 3D, the overworld style has changed too much for them to easily bring old games over to the new style. In fact, many features of the old overworld style outright wouldn't work in Sun/Moon's gameplay style. Have we seen any small ledges yet? For that matter, would ice floor puzzles, traditional Strength rock puzzles and spin tile puzzles even work in full 360-degree 3D? I don't think it would

With all of this in mind, I genuinely think we're at the end of the remake cycle. We may well get Sinnoh games in Generation 7 or 7, but I don't think they'll be remakes. From here on out, we'll be getting either VASTLY different (even moreso than ORAS) "reimaginings" of old games, or they'll take the resources they could have used for remakes to give us sequel games instead - I for one would definitely be up for a Diamond 2 and Pearl 2.