Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[122 / 13 / ?]

"The Secret"

No.26697725 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ok, so hear me out. I know that the secret that the 3 starters and Rockweiller share is probably just that they get Megas, or something simple like that.

But there's something I've been thinking about. Firstly, it's a pure rock Pokemon that doesn't really look like it. In color scheme only, really. Maybe with the rock collar... Anyway, he also vaguely fits the household pet theme that the starters are going for (that Popplio kind of ruins).

Anyway, the biggest thing is the type. Pure Rock? On a Pokemon shown so closely with the starter Pokemon? That is overtly set beside the starters as if they were equals?

Long story short, is it possible that Iwanko is a FOURTH starter? I know I'm not good at making arguments, but the type chart would fit. Grass/Flying has a strength and weakness to Rock, Water is strong against it, Fire is weak. Of course the evolutions will probably have subtypes, but maybe they even fit this motif. Or maybe we get mostly pure starters with Rowlet being the only exception. This wouldn't be totally unheard of.

I think a Pokemon square and a fourth starter would be awesome. Either way, Rockweiller has solidified (ha) a spot on my team.

I know you guys will probably find a ton of holes in this theory, but play along with me. What would this do for the series and the S/M storyline?