Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[74 / 11 / ?]

Unpopular opinions

No.26948976 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Alright people, it's that time again. Post opinions that are/you feel are unpopular, bonus points for reasons, extra bonus points if you make new ground with a convincing argument. To start off:

>The fact that HGSS had the development time for both voltorb flip/pokeathlon but couldn't fix the damn level curve is outrageous. Is it tolerable? Yes. Does this make it okay? Not even slightly.
>Super training is one of, if not the, best feature this generation. While horde training is faster, it's nice to play through the story without having your team gimped in the late/post game because it has a tonne of defense EVs from when graveler provided the most exp.
>Johto in all generations had terrible pokemon distribution, the stats of most pokemon are deliberately gimped, and the evil team is extremely underwhelming
>XY is the worst pair of games. It manages this while having decent new pokemon, and not completely fucking up the introduction of a new type which is rather impressive. The gym leaders, the trainers, the rivals, the E4, the champion, the evil team, the cafes and most of the music is poorly implemented/designed, and largely forgettable.
>The physical/special split of Gen 4 made more pokemon viable that any other change Game Freak has ever made, including tweaking the stats of pokemon. Totodile, absol, Swampert, Blaziken, the Hitmons, Crawdaunt, Flareon if you used it in TR like I did ... the list goes on.
>While all the foo lions are well designed, Suicune is the least aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.
>The entire Chikorita line vaguely hurts to look at.
>The majority of 'unusable' pokemon are not actually unusable. Eevee's evolutions, Medicham, Chestnaught, Galvantula, Standard Gardevoir, Froslass and Mega Glalie are all pokemon I've seen accused of not being useful simply because they can't sweep a team by themselves 50 percent of the time.

cont