Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[36 / 10 / ?]

No.27233105 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I know I'm going to be called a normie/genwunner/etc. for this, but so far, Gen 7 pokemon designs have been really mediocre to downright terrible.

The starters are all really boring and cartoony; but, they're starters, they're always like that. The box art legendaries are both really overly complex and don't really look celestial; they genuinely look more like digimon designs than Pokemon designs.
The woodpecker is cute, nothing really wrong with it.
Yungoose's face really annoys me though, with the super-simple cartoony angry face.
The koala and the dog are alright as well, nothing of interest to really point out.
Grubbin is alright, especially since we don't really have a maggot-looking pokemon, but Charjabug's design annoys me. It's a tiny bus out of nowhere. I guess it's supposed to be a battery, but then it has the windows over its eyes. Then there's Vikavolt; again, not a bad design, but my main complaint about this line is that none of them really lead into eachother. It starts as an organic, regular-looking maggot, then it becomes a box, then it becomes a space ship bug, each of them with entirely different color schemes.
Cutiebug is literally a bee fly. There is actually no difference between the real animal and the pokemon whatsoever.
Bruxish would be an okay design if it weren't for the bedroom eyes, the giant cartoon lips, and the flower on its head. It's not the fact that it's ugly I don't like, it's the fact that it's wearing make-up and has a flower on its head.
Drampa is blatantly trying way too hard to be cutesy. The design is revoltingly cutesy; and no, not every dragon has to be edgy, and there's nothing wrong with being cute, but it's the fact that it acts like a cute grampa with a :3 face and those giant noodle eyebrows and the noodle hair all put together that makes it way too much.
Orb pikachu looks fucking stupid. Its tail is in the middle of its back, and the "spikes" are just 2D triangles.
(1/2)