Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[23 / 5 / ?]

No.27286012 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
How the fuck do people enjoy this shit series? I can understand the appeal of the concept but the execution is just terrible, its just one of the clunkiest RPGs i've played and boi I have played several RPGs.

The game is just slow as all shit, everything, from text speed to animations, moves at an infuriatingly slow speed. I'm actually playing it on emulator so its a bit more bearable because I got the speed button (and its still slow) but I cant imagine how the fuck would somebody enjoy this on a gameboy/ds where every battle takes like 1 minute based on animations alone.

The fight begins, you need to have the fucking animation of your trainer throwing the pokemon, then every attack "animation" which only features the still image of the pokemon going up and down and then the damage animation.

Thats not counting the ridiculous amount of hoops you need to jump through to get menial tasks done. Want to switch pokemon? Well you gotta open a new menu, select the pokemon, confirm it and then watch the trainer go through the whole "summoning" animation again. Want to use a simple potion, well boy, just open the item menu, search through the bags of your backpack, find it, select it, confirm it, select a pokemon and confirm it. 20 fucking seconds gone just to use a potion.

Leveling up your pokemons is also tedious as shit, its simply not time effective to level up more than one at the same time, if you switch them mid battle (which again takes a fuckload of time) the xp will be split in the end, making for menial xp gains. This would be fine if the game was completely ok with you just using one pokemon, but you NEED to have several of them because of the dumb counters that basically render some pokemons useless against others

Pokemons cant learn more than 4 moves at once, and when you get a new one, you have to PERMANENTLY OVERWRITE one of the current moves to make room for the new one

clunky ass game