Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[37 / 4 / ?]

No.27292060 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So is Pokemon Go the most colossal failure to meet the hype?

>Pokemon are so thinly spread around the map and clustered near roads and population centers it defeats the whole purpose of venturing out into the wilderness to find them.
>Pokemon are not nearly as deliberately placed as they should be. The most you'll get is a slight increase in water types if you're near a body of water.
>You practically have to travel across to an entirely different state in order to have a chance at finding (slightly) different Pokemon.
>Only 150 Pokemon (minus legendaries), meaning I hope you fucking like Pidgeys, Weedles, and Rattatas EVERYWHERE.
>Servers are STILL fucked up the ass with bugs, glitches, and soft locks everywhere.
>Nearby radar is so fucking broken people are making their own scanners so they can even find anything.
>If you live even a few miles too far away from the city you're basically fucked for finding Pokemon, Pokestops, Gyms, or basically anything. Hope you got the money to buy some Incense and Pokeballs, bro.
>Half of the features presented in the trailers are nonexistent. No trading or trainer v trainer battles until later, no fishing, etc.
>The spirit of the original games is completely gone. Gone are the days of gathering a team of six comrades and keeping them by your side for months. The only feasible way to progress is to power level as high as you can and be lucky enough to catch a naturally strong Pokemon. Might as well not even bother nicknaming your Pokemon since they'll just be ground up into candy later on.
>Oh and by the way, we can't be bothered to actually code the game with push notifications like we did for Ingress, so you'll just have to buy the $35 "Play the game in sleep mode" Physical DLC later this month.

I'm more disappointed than mad at this point, and considering how small of a company Niantic is, I'm pinning the blame squarely at Nintendo for not giving this game more support. This task was too far above Niantic to handle well.