Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[22 / 1 / ?]

GenVII remakes of Red/Green confirmed

No.27329192 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Believe it or not, work on the games following Sun & Moon has already started. I can't say what I do (it'd easily be discovered) but I still felt like sharing. A lot of this information won't be coming to the public until 2017.

Red & Green are being remade for the 3DS. (Titles not yet determined.)

Diamond and Pearl are not receiving remakes in the forseeable future. Main reasons are:
>they are DS games, and still playable on the current generation handheld (biggest point)
>their regional pokemon were included in XY, the rest and legendaries were included in ORAS

It should be no surprise that Generation I games were chosen for a re-remake. Here are the key reasons it was chosen:
>The lack of DS/3DS native versions of R/G/B or FR/LG (huge point, they want all games playable in some form)
>The unexpected global success of Pokemon GO and nostalgia for the original generation
>The technology allowing for a more complex version of the relatively simple games
>the overall success of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire remakes

This will be the first game to fully incorporate Pokemon GO connectivity. The recent interview for Sun/Moon suggested some compatibility between the games, however development of S&M is pretty much completed and the success of GO was unexpected by the current team. Any interaction received in S&M is just tacked on. The GenVII remakes will be made from the ground up with GO interaction, as the GenVII engine will already be in place. Expect to see the Sun and Moon QR code system improved.