Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[2 / 2 / ?]

No.27504926 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hear me out /vp/:

I was thinking about yesterday's revelations.

The Alolan Forms are most likely going to work as "functionally new" Pokemon in Alola. They will be caught, discovered and traded as if they were their own species. They would also work like separate species in terms of breeding (Ice Vulpix Mom + Fire Vulpix Dad = Ice Vulpix Baby). They will get their own Dex entries that replaces the "normal" forms of them as well. In other words, ANY Vulpix caught in Alola would have an entry that describes it as an Ice-type. I would put money on this.

However, we can get the old forms by trading up from other games. They might update the Dex in some form, but this will be the only way to see them in game (outside of trainer battles). There will likely be some "Alola vs Classic" tab or something on the entry screen.

But the other thing I was considering is that we have already seen many older Pokemon in the trailers, not just Gen I Pokemon. We have not seen ALL of their evolutions, however. And, if the leak is to be believed (and as we've seen with Exeggcute), not ALL stages in an evolutionary line will necessary be "Alolan."

I would like to suggest that we go back through the Dex entries of Pokemon we've seen in the trailers already and look for any indications they might have new Alolan Forms in the games.

One example that immediately comes to mind is Slowpoke. Since it fishes with its tail (in the lore) to catch a Shellder and then evolve, it's possible that we may see an Alolan Slowbro/Slowking as well as Alolan Shellder/Cloyster (maybe based on cowries?).

Any others we can find?