Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[40 / 7 / ?]

No.27946489 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Is it weird that in the end I think I had more fun with Best Wishes than with XY?

From every objective standpoint, BW was mediocre-to-awful: bad animation, nonexistent character development, shitty battles, retarded decisions, terrible planning, etc. But for some reason when I think about some of its pseudo-fillers I realize that they were actually fun to watch.

Ash was retarded, but his retardation sometimes was funny. Iris was annoying, but sometimes her obnoxiousness was so nonsensical and over-the-top that I couldn't help but laugh. But the part part were probably the loud and dumb rivals that appeared out of nowhere, had some random battles, and then disappeared for some episodes (too bad most of them didn't get any decent conclusion).

Overall the series felt like watching some lighthearted, unpretentious and even somewhat self-aware kid's show. Despite the overall season being shit, I often found myself rewatching some self-contained episodes just because they were actually enjoyable.