Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[25 / 8 / ?]

Pokémon Sun and Moon Info "Leaks"

No.28147876 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi! I'm on the localization team at Nintendo, and we've been working on Sun and Moon! Believe me or don't, I just thought it would be fun to tease you with some info.

1) Alola Pokémon are only Gen 1. Here's a few:
-Mankey & Primeape become Electric Fighting. Their design is a lot fluffier, which lets them build up static electricity.
-Growlithe & Arcanine become Water. A lot of you have guessed this from what I've seen. They become blue and have a swirl design instead of stripes.
-Weepinbell & Victreebel become Steel Poison. They take a cannon like appearance, rather than a plant. They also have Levitate.

2) The artificial island is an airport. This is so visitors are in the center of Alola when they arrive. Of course, you can't access it until near the end of the game, you start on Melemele Island. Team Skull's secret hideout is also here.

3) The starter Pokémon have split evolutions depending on what island you are on. Rowlet retains Grass Flying or becomes Grass Ground, Litten becomes Fire Dark or Fire Poison, and Popplio becomes Water Fairy or Water Psychic.

4) You can choose what order of islands you travel to, each trial captain/kahuna has adjusted teams and levels depending on the order you choose. The same goes for Totem Pokémon. (However, since you start on Melemele Island, you have to face Sophocles challenge first.)

5) The trials are not the entire main story. They are only about a third of the game. Several foreigners to Alola are confused by the lack of a Pokémon League. By consulting the Kahunas, a League is started. You yourself are a gym leader. Once you face a certain amount of trainers, you are allowed to fight the next gym leader and take their place in the ranks. (Team Skull actually needed there to be a Pokémon League to pull off their plans, but I don't want to give away the actual plot!)