Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[9 / 1 / ?]

Pokemon issues (1st world problem)

No.28379405 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Help console me back into Pokemon. It feels like every new game I come back to it but I can never keep interested in it full time, I like compeititve batlting but It's also what turned me away
>Only a small group of pokemon are "good"
>this group gets smaller every gen, because most new pokemon suck
>you can't really battle with the pokemon you like if they're too weak
>every new gen, you need to completely remake your teams for the new metagame, which is very impersonal and kind of tedious since it needs to be done so often

I don't want to offend anyone who likes this, but I get really annoyed breeding, training and all that's needed to get a good pokemon... only to end up with a pokemon that's too weak to actually win with, and needing to REMAKE it again every new game. It's like, I can't just use the Blaziken I made in gen 3 (first pokemon I EV trained as a kid), because the gen 5 Blaziken is far superior.

It's really complicated, the only option for me is pokemon showdown which is GREAT but I much rather prefer playing on my 2ds than a computer

And it doesn't help that I think literally every pokemon design is cool or has a redeeming quality, so I can't get enough but yeah, for all the problems listed I find it hard to play pokemon BUT I CANNOT go back to being casual... Idk If I should quit or try my best to stay