Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 2 / ?]

Theory - Type:Null was actually Midnight Lycanroc

No.28670012 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Might be wrong, might be right. Here's my theory based on what Leaker-chan has said:

>Leaker-chan said that there will be 'Z formes', which is what Ash-Greninja is and how it features in the game
>Leaker-chan said 'Z formes' are caused by the power of 'Z moves'
>Leaker-chan said that the secret shared between the starters and Rockruff are the 'Z formes'.
>"you get the same model, but with a 'general' coloring for the head"

https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/28311647/

When I saw Midnight Lycanroc in the trailer, I couldn't help but think its stoop, hairstyle going over one eye and colouring was similar to Gladion - coupled with the edginess and ripped clothes. We've all theorized that Gladion is an escaped member of the Aether Foundation and that Type:Null is an experiment gone horribly wrong. But what were the circumstances? Why did Gladion run off with Type:Null?

What if Gladion originally had a Rockruff/Lycanroc and successfully mastered its 'Z forme'? Of course, this would then made him interesting to Aether and they would experiment on them both. Gladion has visible red marks around his wrists and seems to experience pain there, indicating that he's been cuffed at somepoint and didn't just run away for his own free will. What else could the marks be? Modified Z ring burns from the experiments?

According to Leaker-chan, we know that 'Z formes' have a different head somehow and we also know that Type:Null appears to wear some kind of mask.

>"The mask on Type:Null's head regulates its power, as well as hindering its agility with its great weight."

Could it be that Type:Null was originally Gladion's partner Lycanroc and horrific experiments on both of them caused Lycanroc to become the mess we know as Type:Null and is the reason as to why Gladion has run off with them?

Kukui is researching Z Moves, maybe he'll discover a way to turn Type:Null back into Lycanroc so Gladion can live happily. It seems like a very Pokemon sounding happy ending.