Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[59 / 4 / ?]

Dual Region Thoughts

No.28809532 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So it just dawned on me. Alola seems to have it's locations close together, like Johto. And when I count the settlements, it seemingly has 12, also like Johto (it's hard to tell if a settlement is supposed to be anywhere in the random cluster of houses at the lower section of the Ice Mountain island, but I just counted it as one.) Alola also doesnt seem to have very many more locations than the average region either.

Now, Johto's 12 towned region felt like one GameFreak found suitable to add another 10 towned region to. And we can see it again with Kanto, a region with 10 towns, where they felt it was adequate to add a new region to the Sevii Islands (7 settlements.) The other regions have between 15 and 20 settlements.

Along with that, people have been talking about how the boss trainers seemingly have lower leveled pokemon, which is comparable to GSC and HGSS where the game was scaled with two regions in mind. Now, this doesnt mean it HAS to mean the game will end with you in your 50's, as they'll probably go higher this time.

Could the region size and levels be an indication that we may be going back to an older one, for the 20th anniversary? Now I'm not saying anything definitive, as it doesnt matter to me either way if the game is one region or not, but I figured this would be interesting to discuss. I also think going back to Kanto is more likely than going back to Kalos. Even with the VC release, simply because Kanto is smaller and so would be easier to redo, and fit in the game.