Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[61 / 7 / ?]

Interesting details about Sun and Moon Demo

No.29261590 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The Demo is now out, and while we have already datamined what appeared to be the vast majority (to say the very least--it's probably all of them) of the new Alolan Pokémon as well as presumably the remaining Alolan forms (and no, I'm not going to leak these Pokémon for those of you who wish to remain surprised), there are still quite a few minor details that many might overlook if they just play through it. There's a lot of subtle bits of info that many of you might not be aware of, but here it goes. My first batch of information:

After the battle with Team Skull, Hau will direct you to the location of the Pokémon Center. But you can still explore much of Hau'oli City. First thing I noticed are some of the gates you could open, presumably in the final game due to the trigger to press the A-button, but Sun will not open these gates, saying that they need to be getting to the Pokémon Center.

Continuing further east, and there's a Malasadas shop with a Slurpuff on the front, presumably as the store's mascot. You can't buy the Malasadas, but you can enter it, and it's likely that you can in the final game. There is also a police station that you too can enter, and inside, it appears the mascot Pokémon is a blue Granbull that looks nothing like any other Granbull that we have seen before (perhaps we might be getting an Alolan form, and it's one of the few airtight Pokémon that Gamefreak was able to scrub out of the demo entirely). After all, it is worth noting that the Gamexplain guys did state that there were quite a few unrevealed Pokémon that they encountered when they played the first two hours of the main game, but were not allowed to talk about them. None of the data mined Pokémon, however, save possibly for one, looks like a remote possibility to be in the starting area.