Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[32 / 3 / ?]

Pokemon's most baby game yet

No.29276264 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hand-holding the game. You see a pokemon once, now the game tells you how effective moves are. Trial tells you to look for pokemon, the moment you're in the vaguest of areas, the camera will pan and show you where it is. What's the point?

Go somewhere you're not supposed to, the npc tells you you can't go that way, then it FADES TO BLACK AS IF IT WERE LOADING before putting you back where you came from. This just adds to how fucking slow exploring is.

But tauros was good, made it better to travel around, but wtf is wrong with the camera angles? Walking through that main city the camera keeps panning down from a birds eye view. I can barely see a building to the side, I walk around the corner to get closer and see it and all I can see is my character and the road. Fucking why? Did they put in so little models and textures that they had to restrict your view so much? I want to look up and see the openness of the city/town and admire the huge buildings and landscape.

I just hope in the final game it doesn't stop every 5 minutes to tell me where to go/what to do, then have the camera pan and show me the same thing, then walk 2 steps and have the story progress, and then repeat.

But isn't one of the main elements of pokemon learning how to battle and the type chart? They've literally just thrown out a key component of the game. Before if you faced an unknown pokemon you'd try different moves to figure out its type. Now you could see it in the wild, run away and now it barely fucking matters cause you know what will beat it now. What a joke.

TLDR; Slow, restrictive, mindless as ever.

This isn't even bait, I'm genuinely baffled as to how anyone could find this enjoyable. What were the devs thinking?