Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[33 / 3 / ?]

Pokemon Z

No.29325878 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Guys, I think I cracked the code. I figured out not only why Z was cancelled, but why SM runs so badly. Gamefreak got seriously screwed over by nintendo.
>gamefreak plans out gen 6: XY in 13, ORAS in 14, then skip a year to finish the generation on the anniversary with Z in 16
>XY finished, gamefreak makes the new zygarde forms for Z and starts planning
>nintendo reveals the Switch to gamefreak, says that it's going to be released in 2016, and that it's not going to be backwards compatible with the 3DS
>shit! we can't release a pokemon game that can't even be played on the newest handheld! and we can't just port Z, that would be really weird to split a generation like that
>okay, new plan, Z cancelled, gen 7 released on the anniversary for the Switch.
>new pokedex is shaped like a tablet because the Switch is a tablet
>because the switch is "more than a handheld", the pokedex is "more than a pokedex" ie they put a rotom in it
>"it all comes together" was supposed to be a marketing joke on the switch being where handhelds and consoles come together
>everything set up, SM is set to be a launch title for the Switch, released in November 2016
>late 2015, SM 80% finished
>oops, sorry, the switch is being delayed to 2017!
>gamefreak is fuming, refuses to not release a game in 2016
>emergency port SM to the 3DS, plan to release on the original release date
>the port is kind of shit, doesn't have 3d, and runs slow in battles but it's the best they can do with the time they have
Note that this probably means we'll get the original SM as a switch launch title and the rest of gen 7 will be on the switch.