Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[110 / 18 / ?]

No.29726449 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm confused.

For the most part, /vp/ is very accepting of others using Pokemon with less-than-desirable stats/typings, barring shitposters. We all have that one, dozen, or more Pokemon that we care for despite it being statistically awful.

What makes Decidueye any different? Is it because of the Starter wars? Do some people think that Rowletfags are getting their "just desserts" for wanting to choose it instead of THEIR pick? Do some people really care that much if a Pokemon is OU material that they'll drop it instantly if it isn't? Is it just the vocal minority? From what I can tell, it's all people who weren't even picking Rowlet to begin with. Just mudslinging for the sake of validating their choice even further, which is completely unnecessary.

Decidueye is a neat owl based off of an archer that uses its wing and feathers like a bow and arrows, narrowing its field of view like a scope with its hood. I really do believe that concept, design, and execution of an idea are a lot more important than competitive viability when playing favorites (If it is viable on top of that, excellent!). That said, I truly am happy with his type and stat distribution, even though it's nowhere near what we expected. Decidueye is cool regardless of type/stats, like a lot of Pokemon, so I'm going to use it.

Here's hoping for a nice Hidden Ability! My bet is on Sniper.

Incineroar is really cool too! Power to you guys!