Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[23 / 6 / ?]

A message to all the haters

No.29808662 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have a question for everyone who has been heavily criticising Pokémon Sun/Moon

Why do you call yourself a Pokémon fan?

Seriously. Just go through the catalog and you'll find that a majority of threads are full of nothing but people complaining and bashing Game Freak. I know that they're not perfect but most of the complaints are completely unfounded. Especially these:

>The new Pokémon designs are ugly

I see people complaining about this constantly. Time and time again it has been pointed out that Game Freak designers are evolving with the times. Just compare any anime or western cartoon from the 90's with the ones now. Notice that over time designs got simpler and more stylised. Pokémon are Pocket Monsters. They are not meant to strictly resemble real world animals. Monsters can look like anything. This complaint is usually a symptom of generation 1 nostalgia. It's all a matter of personal preference and is not even an objective argument.

>The new Pokémon have terrible stats or are not competitively viable

This complaint is a symptom of severe smogon faggotry. The first time you ever played Pokémon did you consider the Pokémon's stats or competitive viability? I doubt it. As far as the ingame story goes, its stats don't even matter. This just shows that you are no longer capable of enjoying Pokémon because the only joy you get out of the game is competitive battling. Why not just enjoy the game and the Pokémon like you used to before you discovered Showdown? Seems that you're better off playing battle sims because that's all Pokémon is to you.

And to all those pirates complaining about random shit. Fuck you! You don't even deserve to be playing the game. You're so impatient that you couldn't wait for the official release date yet you feel entitled to criticise Game Freak. Game Freak does not cater exclusively to your personal preferences. I've never seen a more insufferable bunch of manchildren.