Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[13 / 1 / ?]

No.30011984 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
While you all sperg over SM, I want to talk about something that's been on my mind: Pokemon Go.

The dust has settled at this point: all outlets suggest Go is as close to dead as a Pokemon game could be, and Niantic's continuing inaction reinforces it.

Does anyone else get the sense that Niantic dropped the ball on something that could have brought Pokemon back to its former glory?

Maybe it's not what fans wanted but the masses adored it- at least, for the few weeks before Niantic showed clearly that they had no interest in maintaining the game.

Updates take weeks to release and increasingly add less and less. Several I can remember in the past months were entirely consistent of "minor bug fixes"- while glitches like enemy pokemon refusing to die for 20, 30 seconds remained perfectly untouched.

It wasn't long before even normies started lamenting the lack of support the game got. Clearly, it seemed, Niantic made their ROI and didn't give a shit about the game anymore.

What does this mean for the future? To me, it means two things:

1) Normies might become more critical of TPCi after it allowed this game to simply die

2) A game like Pokémon Go can never happen again.

The second is especially tragic: seeing throngs of people in city centers all going out for Pokémon was eerie and moving at the same time, and that level of influence is something I'd never seen a game do before. It was... Quite beautiful.

What are your thoughts? Are you as frustrated with Niantic as I am?