Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[288 / 14 / ?]

Alola is fucked up: lore thread

No.30146452 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I finished the game two days ago and there's a lot of shit to this game I wanna talk about. I'm just going to post shit, feel free to point and laugh.

So Alola is a tropical island region with a small population that worships a legendary pokemon Solgaleo/Lunala and had a royal family with kings. Except when the player actually gets there neither of those things are around and instead there's the Tapus. The Tapus are fucking dodgy- They're four guardian spirits who are revered by the islanders, and on the surface protect them from threats and punish evildoers. But then you look at the island itself and you find shit like Tapu Village and the abandoned shop that were fucking destroyed because Tapu Bulu didn't like it, and then there's stuff about them being cruel or lazy in their info, and the Kahunas talking about how they enjoy watching people battle. The Tapus even decide who becomes Kahuna, literally placing them above human authority in the small towns, and according to a punk/skull grunt in the desert camp ages ago someone (Guzma) tried to form a group and become Kahuna themselves, but the Tapu intervened and the end result is that Team Skull is a group of thugs in Po Town, a destroyed, walled-off shithole.

Then there's Solgaleo/Lunala and the big ruins in the middle of the third island. Obviously these were important, but they're completely ruined and abandoned despite being holy sites, and they're very close to Po Town. The legendary people in Alola worship doesn't actually exist until you create it over the course of the story, but naturally it's implied to have existed in the past. Then there's the royal family aspect. Acerola and Nanu are supposed to be members of that family, but one dresses in rags and lives in an orphanage and the other lives in an abandoned police station near Po Town.

cont'