Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[194 / 36 / ?]

PBR ruined the series for me.

No.30683765 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Those amazing move animations.

That announcer that was pure hype.

The character customization.

The characters being all animated, getting all cocky when they win or really angry when they lose.

No ranked srs bzns matches, could use any Pokemon you wanted.

Genius Sonority knew what Pokemon was all about: FUN. Since Game Freak started doubling down on "competitive", I've had less and less fun. No hype, no announcter, silly restrictions, always the same teams.... no fun.

Pokemon wasn't supposed to be an e-sports game. Genius Sonority understood this, why can't Game Freak?

>Just play unranked then!

Most people on unranked are just testing their "pro" teams, not to mention how long it takes to find a match.

No ranked means that people just tried to have fun on Battle Revolution.

The high amount of disconnects means that some of the "just have fun" spirit was still present in BW, as people realized that it was pointless to go to ranked matches when the opponent could just DC to avoid losing points. But now... it's so serious business that I can't even use my bros that I've been playing with for over 10 years because of some dumb rule.

Why did it have to go this way, /vp/? Should I just quit the series, knowing that I'll never have as much fun as in PBR again? Will the series on the Switch continue trying to be e-Sports, or will they remember that Pokemon was supposed to be a game for everyone to play together and have fun?