Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[6 / 1 / ?]

No.31453509 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey people, I'm a bit new in this new-gen Pokemon business (played Gen I some time ago, now started with XY). I've spent quite some time on GTS, wasting like 98% due to dramatically poor design (I'm starting to think that Game Freak guys see some purpose in it). I was thinking about writing a query/alert tool that would expand possibilities of finding Pokemon that interest you; only to discover that superficial search provided me with proto description for Gen V, and whole communication got encrypted since.

Now the TLS in principle disallows us to do tricks like DNS spoofing - basically anything that tries to cheat the client into thinking differently about server identity. However, servers in this setup don't give a shit about who the hell clients are - hence my question, if anyone knows (I wasn't able to quickly find it, there's such a crapton of unrelated pages) whether they used some client identification mechanism - and how feasible would it to be to query for Pokemon available for trade, be it in VI or VII? I wouldn't count on it though, I've seen many people complain about GTS over the years, and if such a tool was easily doable, it would probably surface over the years. Well, in case it is, and someone can point me to some spec (or people who know it), I could attempt creating a tool that allows public querying over the web.

Thoughts on that matter?