Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[51 / 23 / ?]

"What's the Deal with Johto?" Explained by a Jothofag

No.31882974 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi! It's your friendly neighborhood Johtofag! Ever wonder why most people here like HG/SS? I'm here to discuss that, cause I'm on break. But mostly because I enjoy my time on here because I hate myself.

Let's start with the flaws that you lovely people like to point out with pretty much everything that you don't agree with. Level curve is shit (where the most complaints come from), it's on the fucking Gen 4 engine, shit villains and Pokemon selection are a few I can think of. And yea, they're all true for the most part.

But that can't be why you hate Johtofags, right? Gen 1 has a bad pacing problem, specifically with the amount of trainers (route 15, 14 and 13 anyone?). Gen 3 has about the same amount of shit selections as gen 2 before the DexNav feature in ORAS. D/P/PL has you navigating Mt. Coronet and that shitty marsh that was supposed to be a safari zone(?). People hate Gen 5 for having the ugly sprite movements and dull coloration before BW2. I remember when it first came out and people thought that it was the end of good Pokemon games. I wont mention the complaints about Gen 6 because we all know them. And finally, you're not even the main character in Gen 7 nor are your shitmons (them being shit is debatable). Point is, they all have flaws. It really depends on which ones are bearable and what the games do correctly in spite of this.

And that's what I'll talk about for Gen 2, but my break is over. Will continue if this isn't deleted.

Oh and consider this an appreciation thread btw. Post Johtomons and why you like em. Pic related.