Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[77 / 5 / ?]

No.32190051 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What is the next game going to be? Let's analyse the situation.
>a third version
We haven't seen third versions in a while, and I just don't see them not releasing a second game in a gen anymore, since it has been a thing since gen 3. Even if they did, there would still be another gen 7 game.
I consider this to be unlikely.

>a third version - on another console!
This has been rumored, but sounds even less likely than a normal third version. We have never seen a console start out with a third version, and I consider it to be a dumb idea from a marketing point of view.

>another game in Alola
This is what I think is probably going to happen. Not much else to say.

>a gen 4 remake
I think this is unlikely because we already got a remake on the 3DS, it follows the pattern and they probably don't even want to do this.
Most likely going to be the second game in gen 8.

>a gen 1 remake
Less likely than another Alola game, but even though I thought it was absurd at first, I've been starting to think this could actually happen.
I said another remake on the same console was unlikely, but gen 1 is special. You know it is.

>a gen 2/3/5 remake
Unlikely.

>Z
Would we even be able to tell the difference between remake and third versions at this point? A Pokémon Z in gen 7 would be both a mix of a remake and a normal third version. Unlikely, but I would laugh a lot if it did happen. It could also be a good game if done right, but let's not get there.

>a new game in an older region
I would like a new game set in Kalos that expands on everything XY had (which, while still unlikely, is still more likely than the Z I mentioned above). Other regions would be pretty cool too, but those seem even less likely than Kalos.

What do you hope for?
What do you think we are going to get?