Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[52 / 8 / ?]

How likely is it to purchase a fake BW2 Pokemon game online?

No.32196364 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I recently bought Pokemon White 2 from Amazo UK (Marketplace). The game was supposed to be "brand new and factory sealed":

However, when the game arrived, and I gave it a closer look, I found a few difficult to notice at first glance scratches and imperfections on the upper and right side of the game. And the box felt re-sealed rather than factory sealed (as if it is original material, but had been previously open and then resealed).

But when I was talking to some people online, I was told that I shouldn´t feel cheated by the seller, and that I should be happy that my purchase is actually a genuine White 2 game, because most DS Pokemon games that are still "brand new and unused" today, are actually fakes and bootlegs, so I should be glad that I didn´t recieve one of those.

So my questions are: are there really THAT many bootleg Gen 5 Pokemon games sold as "genuine" these days? Or is it an exaggeration? I even read somwhere that around 70% of DS Pokemon games sold today are bootlegs... Is it true?

And so, should I be content with my probably-used-but- at-least-genuine White 2 game, or should I try to get an actual brand new BW2? Or is the risk of getting a fake on Amazon/E-Bay too high?

Thanks!