Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!XCPr6O/I8Yk
[20 / 8 / ?]

Hello Fanbase!

!!XCPr6O/I8Yk No.32237930 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi, /vp/!

Been awhile since I've had the time to really come down to talk but I just couldn't help myself but gloat. You don't mind, do you? Most of you do it, after all, when you're proven right.

On Showdown for years, since it began, and before then when Pokemon Worlds first began I told everyone, as not only a Professor at these Events but also a competitor myself and Japan National Winner (When the game first had competitions before it became Worlds overseas) that people utilise Gameshark and Action Replays. I told everyone that competitors consistently used these to create shinies or to maximise their Pokemon. I also explained that World's Competition and Nationals, in-fact any to all leads moving into Competition does not check for altered data in that manner.

The slot you put the game into or now upload into checks only for illegal moves and illegal abilities. That's it. You could, but then be disqualified for how it looks, sneak in a permanent Mega. Or a Mega holding an item. If you can re-skin a pokemon, say Mega Charizard X into looking like just a Charizard it will let it pass through.

There's many ways to 'cheat' but mostly people use third party modifiers to generate pokemon in balls that usually cannot be obtained in or shinies; also modifying data such as IV's.

Honestly? That's fine. As long as it's not giving you an edge then don't worry about it. Everyone uses it, every single Competitor uses it. Even if they don't want to it's now and has been for some time, a requirement for serious players. It cuts down on time and lets you strategize. Honestly, it's just convenience of the sport. Not just that, but even Officials (myself included) use these third parties and to be fair I have since Japan's Green & Red, then Blue using Gameshark on the original Game Boy.

I am 100% with those who use them and always will be. As time rolls on, finally what I've been saying since forever is coming to light as more people get dissected and cameras catchmore.tbc