Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[43 / 8 / ?]

ITT: Unpopular Opinions

No.32269579 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
reddit spacing edition

- I think Pokemon's gameplay is the worst thing about it. Its entire appeal is monster collection and presentation, and I wouldn't care if they completely overhauled the battle mechanics, or even changed genre.

- Mimikyu is a lazy garbage design that Gamefreak tries to justify with muh sad backstory. Its song doesn't even make sense; if it doesn't want to be mistaken for Pikachu, why the fuck does it dress like one?

- There is nothing wrong with gen wars and starter wars. People are entitled to share their opinions, whether positive or negative. If you can't handle it, don't participate.

- Giveaway threads are absolute cancer and attract the worst kind of vermin to this board. If you want to cheat (don't pretend giveaway mons aren't injected) but are too dumb to hack your 3DS, you don't belong here.

- There is no such thing as too many Pokemon. The more the better. They should also add even more forme changes, variants, etc. Those fanart breeding hybrids are fantastic.

- Iris is a great champion, theme included. I love how she embraces her champion status in a hilariously over-the-top and childish way, and offsets the pretty princess look with her wild attitude and battle style. It's refreshing, and a kid champion done right.

- The multiverse thing is dumb. It's a bad trope. A lazy, slapdash attempt at immersion that saves them from having to actually write a consistent timeline. In fact it has the opposite effect, because those once abstract game mechanics are now canon cosmic fuckery, which is just as immersion breaking but harder to overlook. The whole "game mechanics = canon" meta narrative thing is played out and tiresome.